Black Trout Adit
- Remarks: Dla wycieczek grupowych z wcześniejszą rezerwacją – cały rok w godz. od 8.00 do zmroku. Dla zwiedzających indywidualnie: 11.00 - 15.00 w soboty, niedziele i święta (w miesiącach styczeń, luty, marzec, listopad, grudzień) 10.00 - 16.00 w soboty, niedziele i święta (w miesiącach kwiecień, maj, wrzesień, październik) 10.00 - 17.00 codziennie (w miesiącach czerwiec, lipiec, sierpień)
- Open: Open all year round
Facilities and services
- Tickets: 13
- Facility type: Földalatti turistaútvonal
This is the only Polish underground tourist route that includes an underground boat tour. Travelling by boats pushed along by muscular strength of a guide, listening to their colourful stories about mining is an extraordinary adventure that remains in the memory for a long time.
FEATURES, ORIGINS, VALUES AND LEGAL PROTECTION
The Black Trout Adit is an interesting segment of the longest system of mines in Tarnowskie Gory of lead and silver in the “Gleboka” Adit in the “Fryderyk “ Mine that was built in the years between 1821 and 1834. This adit was designed to remove water from the Bobrowniki Slaskie mining area and also the region around Mount Sucha. The run-off water from mine workings in these areas was directed into the River Drama. The entire tunnel has been drilled in dolomite rock. Where there was clay or quicksand, the miners reinforced the walls and ceilings with brick housing. Sightseeing begins by descending the spiral staircase of either the “Ewa” or “Sylwester” mineshafts alternately, in small groups, which is the start of the boat ride. The Black Trout Adit is part of vast, underground labyrinth of workings with excavations, corridors, chambers and passageways with a total length of about 150km. In 1957, around a 600m section of the tunnel was made available for tourism, at a depth between 20m and 30m below ground, between the “Ewa” or “Sylwester” mineshafts.
Tourist Service Office
Association of Tarnowskie Gory Enthusiasts
42-600 Tarnowskie Gory
Ul Gliwicka 2
tel. / fax +48 32 285 49 96
open on weekdays, between 08.30 and 16.30
Contact with the Association of Tarnowskie Gory Enthusiasts:
T our Bookings - Tel +48 32 285 49 96
e-mail (tour bookings only): firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESSIBILITY OF FACILITIES BY VISITORS
Black Trout Adit is open to the public:
For advanced booked tours, all year round between 08:00 and dusk.
For individual visitors:
- January, February, March, November, December, on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays between the hours of 11.00 and 15.00.
- April, May, September, October, on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays between the hours of 10.00 and 16.00.
- June, July, August, open every day between the hours of 10.00 and 17.00.
In the event of bad weather visitors should consult the Office of Tourist Services on Tel: 0 32 285 49 96.
Note! The start of the adit tour alternates between the two mineshafts. Information from which mineshaft and at what time the tour will start can be obtained from inside the rotunda at the top of the shaft.
In the event of reservations of larger groups, individual visitors will be included in groups subject to availability of spaces in the boats.
The adit is closed on 1st January, Easter Sunday, 1st November, between 24th and 26th December and 31st December.
Length of the route is around 600m and the entire route is travelled in boats.
Tour takes about 1 hour.
The temperature inside is 10° C and humidity is 98%.
The mineshafts are electrically illuminated and the rest of route is lit by carbide lamps.
The adit is not suitable for people with physical disabilities.
Guided tours only
We recommend comfortable, athletic shoes and warm clothing in the summer.
Lásd a térképet:
Tarnowskie Góry 42-600
N 50° 27' 57.855"
E 18° 49' 44.7996"